ALL current teachers, principals, and guidance counselors MUST participate in a one time, one hour, self-study of seizure disorders by July 1, 2019.
Seizure Training for School Personnel
Before beginning the training, you will need to create an account on the Learn Epilepsy website.
- Go the website: Learn.Epilepsy.com
- Click Create New Account and complete the various fields of information. The (*) denotes all required items.
- Create a unique user name and password. You will need these items to access your account in the future.
- Click “I am not a robot” and then “Create new account”.
- When the Home Page appears, Click the 2nd icon on the far left “Training Catalogue” which allows you to view a catalog of all classes that are available.
- Scroll along the Training Catalogue to find a class or filter the list be selecting from the course types.
- Select the Class heading hyperlink followed by clicking "Subscribe to Group" icon. Read the prompt and Click "Join".
- The system will open to the class home page.
- Read the instructional content on the home page of the course.
- Then Click the “Play” button icon located on the top right-hand section of the screen.
- Complete the pre-test. (if that is applicable)
- Scroll to the end of the page and Click “Finish". The system will begin the next lesson slideshow.
- Please Click "Next Lesson" after each lesson. Once you have completed all lessons within the course the prompt will be "Back to Class".
- Once back to the Class Home Page select the next Course heading hyperlink and Click “play” icon.
- Repeat step (10) & (11) until you have completed the entire class.
- When the training is completed, you will need to print your certificate and turn in to your school principal.
- Complete the Google Form to Verify Completion
Please contact Mrs. Norris if you need assistance.